Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Imaam Ash-Shaafi’i Quotes

“Every issue of which I spoke in a manner that goes against the Sunnah, I retract it during my lifetime and after my death.” 

[Al-Khateeb in Al-Faqeeh wal-Mutafaqqih]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We affirm these attributes that the Qur’aan came with, and those that are mentioned in the sunnah; and we negate the idea of something resembling Him (tashbeeh), since He negated this from Himself, saying:

 “There is nothing like unto Him.” [42:11]”

 [Siyar A’laamin Nubalaa’ 20/341]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I left Baghdaad, and I did not leave behind me a man better, having more knowledge, or greater fiqh (understanding), nor having greater taqwaa (piety) than Ahmad Ibn Hanbal.” 

[Siyar ‘Alaamin Nubulaa’, 11/177-358]

No comments: